(All other pleasure is fleeting at best). Came across this definition while watching Oprah interview Shawn Achor, the world’s leading expert on happiness and performance. I think it’s the best definition I’ve heard yet.
- Eat with awareness and gratitude.
- Pause before buying and see if breathing is enough.
- Pay attention to the effects of media you consume.
Pause. Breathe. Listen.
- When you feel compelled to speak in a meeting or conversation, pause.
- Breathe before entering your home, pleace of work, or school.
- Listen to the people you encounter. They are buddhas.